The Atlantic offers monthly or yearly subscriptions for purchase inside our iOS app. These subscriptions include access to the iOS app and are managed by Apple, not The Atlantic.
If you purchased a subscription inside our iOS app, thanks! We're glad you want to use the iOS app. Here are a few tips on how to manage these subscriptions.
Do I Have An iTunes Subscription?
To check to see if you have this type of subscription, follow these instructions:
- Open the "Settings" app on your Apple device. This is not inside The Atlantic app.
- Tap the name and icon at the very top of the screen.
- Tap "iTunes and App Store".
- Tap the "Apple ID: your email address" at the top of the menu.
- Tap "View Apple ID".
- Sign in with your password or your Touch ID.
- Tap "Subscriptions".
Here you will see a list of your subscriptions. If The Atlantic is listed here, you purchased either a monthly or yearly subscription inside our iOS app previously and can manage this subscription and the payment details here.
Access In The iOS App
If you do have an iTunes subscription, to access the subscription in The Atlantic's iOS app, follow these instructions:
- Open The Atlantic iOS app on your Apple device.
- Tap "Settings" in the bottom right hand corner.
- Tap "Restore iTunes Purchases" in the Settings menu.
- Enter your iTunes password or Touch ID to refresh the subscription in the iOS app.
This will restore your subscription and allow you access to The Atlantic iOS app as long as your subscription is valid.
Cancel An iTunes Subscription
To cancel an iTunes subscription, follow these instructions:
- Open https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039 on your Apple device.
- Tap "Manage your subscriptions". You may need to scroll down.
- Follow prompts to open your iTunes Store app.
- Find and select "The Atlantic" from the list of subscriptions shown.
- Tap "Cancel Subscription" at the bottom of the menu options.