The Atlantic publishes a crossword puzzle every day, starting out small and getting bigger throughout the week.
When is a new puzzle published?
The latest puzzle will be published on the crossword page every weekday at midnight, eastern standard time. Every day, the crossword becomes larger and more challenging—beginning on Monday and becoming largest on Friday. When a new week begins, a new Monday-level crossword is published.
iOS app users can access the crossword by following these steps:
1. Open the new/updated version of the app (version 6.0)
2. Tap on “Today”
3. Scroll past “Ideas In The News”
4. Find a box that says “The Atlantic Crossword”
5. Tap "Play Now"
Where are the crossword puzzles?
You can find previous crosswords listed in reverse chronological order on the crossword page.
Introducing Social Play
You can now invite others to solve The Atlantic Crossword with you in real time. To enable this feature, follow these steps:
- Open the crossword page
- Click on the icon of the person on the crossword menu (this should be to the right of the timer)
- Once you do, you will see a link and instructions on how to share it. You can send this link directly with someone by copy-and-paste or you can share this link through Facebook Messenger. If you'd like to share the link through Messenger, you will be prompted to log in to your Facebook account.
- Once the other person joins, both of your icons will appear in green. If either of you are inactive, the icon will turn grey, and if either of you disconnect, the icon will turn red. You can always check whether or not the other person is active by hovering over the joint icons. In addition, you or your partner can return to the puzzle by just retrieving the link.
Questions or concerns?
If you have more feedback or questions about The Atlantic Crossword, please send them to email@example.com.