- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, The Atlantic Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia who, at the time of entry, have reached the age of majority in their state of residence. Employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside or those living in the same households, whether or not related) of The Atlantic Monthly Group, LLC (“The Atlantic”) are not eligible to enter or win.
- Giveaway Period. The Giveaway will begin on February 1, 2023 at 12:00 PM (E.T.) and end once two hundred (200) survey respondents have entered or on February 28, 2023, whichever is earlier.
- Administration. The Giveaway will be administered by The Atlantic Monthly Group, 610 Water Street, SW, Washington, District of Columbia 20024 (“The Atlantic”). The decisions of The Atlantic regarding the selection of gift card recipients and all other aspects of the Giveaway shall be final and binding in all respects. The Atlantic will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Giveaway. For a list of winners (available after February 1, 2023) or a copy of these Official Rules, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Participate. Follow the survey link provided and opt-in to enter the Giveaway by providing your email address.
Your computer must accept cookies or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry.
No methods of participation other than the methods specifically described herein will be accepted. The Atlantic is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries or unsuccessful attempts to participate. All entries become property of The Atlantic and none will be returned. Incomplete entries will not be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per person, per mailing address, and per email address.
- Gift Card Recipients. The first two hundred (200) people who complete the survey and opt-in to the Giveaway will receive a $10 gift card.
- Notification and Acceptance. Gift card recipients will be notified on or about February 28, 2023. The Atlantic will email them at the email address provided on the entry form. Failure to reach any recipient by email after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of the associated recipient, forfeiture of his or her interest in the giftcard, and selection of a substitute recipient from among all remaining eligible entries. Recipients may waive the right to receive the gift card. Gift cards are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by recipients. Recipients are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on gift cards. Recipients may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by The Atlantic. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within three weeks from receiving it, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in the recipient’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the gift card, and the award of the gift card to a substitute recipient. Gift cards not claimed by eligible recipients in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of The Atlantic.
- Participation. By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of The Atlantic, and warrants that they are eligible to participate in the Giveaway. The Atlantic reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Giveaway as solely determined by The Atlantic. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of The Atlantic which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, The Atlantic reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, The Atlantic reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. The Atlantic will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or The Atlantic. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account (collectively, ISP). A potential gift card recipient may be requested to provide proof that they are the authorized account holder. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by The Atlantic in its sole discretion.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.