- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, The Atlantic Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia who, at the time of entry, have reached the age of majority in their state of residence. Employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside or those living in the same households, whether or not related) of The Atlantic Monthly Group, LLC (“Sponsor”) are not eligible to enter or win.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will begin on September 19 at 12:00 PM (E.T.) and end at 12:00 PM (E.T.) on October 3 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes will be administered by The Atlantic Monthly Group, 600 New Hampshire Ave. NW Washington, District of Columbia 20057 (the “Sweepstakes Administrator”).
- How to Enter: There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
Online Entry. To enter during the Sweepstakes Period, click on the survey link provided and opt-in to enter the sweepstakes by providing your email address.
Your computer must accept cookies or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry.
Email Entry. Anyone may enter the Sweepstakes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “The Atlantic Sweepstakes Entry,” along with his or her name, date of birth, street address, city, state, zip, email address, and phone number.
No methods of entry other than the methods specifically described herein will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries or unsuccessful attempts to enter. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Incomplete entries and/or entries not received by the deadlines will not be eligible. Limit (1) one entry per person, per mailing address, and per email address.
- Winner Selection. One (1) winner (the “Winner”) will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received, commencing on or about October 7, 2022. Selection of the Winners by Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Prizes and Odds. The Winner will receive Five Hundred Dollars ($500) in the form of a prepaid gift card. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Winner will be notified on or about October 10, 2022. Sponsor will email Winner at the email address provided on the entry form. Failure to reach any Winner by email after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of the associated winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. The Winner may waive the right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within three weeks from receiving it, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute Winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation. By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, and warrants that they are eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account (collectively, ISP). A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that they are the authorized account holder. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsors. The sweepstakes is sponsored by The Atlantic Monthly Group, 600 New Hampshire Ave. NW Washington, District of Columbia 20057. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after October 10, 2022) or a copy of these Official Rules, email email@example.com.