Full digital access, including unlimited articles on our site, are included with every subscription to The Atlantic’s print magazine. To enjoy your digital benefits, you’ll need to connect your subscription to your online account. Here’s how to do so:
1. Create an account by following the steps below. If you already have an account, please sign in. Once you’re signed in to your account, you’ll be able to manage your Atlantic subscriptions and newsletters from any device.
- Open the create account page, then enter your email address and a secure password. If you’re a subscriber, use the email address associated with your subscription. You can also create an account using your Facebook or Google logins. To do so, select the Facebook or Google button at the bottom of the page. Please note that, going forward, you will use this option to sign in.
- Go to your email inbox and open the email from The Atlantic with the subject line “Please verify your email address.” Inside, you’ll find a link to confirm your email address and finish setting up your account. If you do not see an email in your inbox, we recommend checking your spam folder. If you need further assistance, please reach out to our Customer Care team.
- Once you’re signed in, you may already see your active subscription listed on the Account Details page. If this is the case, you’re all set, and can begin to enjoy your digital benefits immediately. If not, keep reading to learn how to connect your subscription.
2. Once you're signed in to your account, locate the “Already a Subscriber?” section, then follow the instructions on the screen to connect your subscription.
3. If you purchased (or were given) a subscription via The Atlantic, you will be prompted to enter your account number and the postal code associated with your delivery address.
- You can find your account number on the mailing label of your print magazine. Your 8-digit account number begins with the first non-zero digit after #ATL and ends before the forward slash (/). If you are unable to find an issue of the print magazine, contact us so that we can look up your account number for you.
If you're having trouble with a postal code from outside the United States, or if you do not have a postal code in your delivery address, please contact us for assistance.